The Ecomuseo delle Grigne documentation and information centre is situated in Esino in Villa Clotilde.
The Centre houses and coordinates the Ecomuseo delle Grigne, provides information about the programmes, activities, institutions and the heritage of the area and, in partnership with Esino Lario’s institutions, it collects and conserves the Ecomuseo’s documentation.
The document and information archive
The archive contains all the documentation produced by the Ecomuseo delle Grigne since it was first set up in 2008. It includes the funds, the documentation and the collections of the institutions that make up the Ecomuseo itself.
More specifically, the Centre’s heritage consists of (links refer to pages of the Archivio Pietro Pensa, in Italian):
- documentation produced during the projects carried out by the institutions that make up the Ecomuseo delle Grigne
- documentation of the Scuola degli Arazzi di Esino Lario and of the Associazione Amici del Museo delle Grigne Onlus
- images (photographs, slides, negatives and postcards) from the Archivio Pietro Pensa and images illustrating the history of Esino Lario’s Alpini (mountain troops of the Italian army) collected by the Gruppo Alpini Esino Lario of the ANA Associazione Nazionale Alpini
- general library: Biblioteca Civica di Esino Lario
- library specialized in the Adda Basin area (Archivio Pietro Pensa, Biblioteca Civica di Esino Lario)
- documents produced and drawn up by Pietro Pensa (Archivio Pietro Pensa)
- historic documents (Archivio Pietro Pensa)
- parchments (Archivio Pietro Pensa)
The material in the Ecomuseo delle Grigne documentation and information centre is covered by copyleft and can easily be migrated onto Wikipedia.
In the picture, detail of a parchment from the Pietro Pensa Archive with feudal investiture of May 16, 1324 (Wikimedia Commons)